DaVinciFreedom

I cry aloud to God, aloud to God, that he may hear me. In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord; in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying; my soul refuses to be comforted. (Psalm 77:1-2) ............................................ A journal chronicling my struggle as a woman, to find my way out of an abusive relationship, and to find myself again.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Beautiful Day

Today was an absolutely perfect Spring day. I didn't sleep late, and so was up to watch the birds at my feeding station. Lots of sparrows, a cardinal pair, red and yellow finches, of course the noisy and greedy blue jays, doves and even a woodpecker. Hummingbirds, too. Oliver sits up on his new kitty condo and watches them...kitty TV. Anna, our collie, is here now. We went to Tracy's for dinner Sunday, and brought her home with us, because Dale is taking her to Louisiana with him on Thursday. It's so good to have her here with me for a while. I miss her so much, and now I'll rarely get to see her, but I know she's going to be very happy in her new home. Dale will spoil her silly, and she'll have goats, sheep, cows and two precious little girls to herd, which is her favorite thing in the world. Anna loves children, and I know Cassidy and Sydney will fall in love with her, too. She's almost 11 years old now, grizzled around the muzzle, but she still prances around like a puppy. I hope she can still keep up with two energetic children. I imagine she'll be happy to see Travis again, too.

She and Oliver have been getting along well, as always. Oliver is 8, so Anna has always been a part of his world, the only dog he doesn't despise. Besides, Oliver likes dog food, and Anna cleans out the crumbs from Oliver's bowl that he's too finicky to eat. Oliver will cry when Anna leaves, and hunt all over the house for her, as he always does when she visits. I guess I'll cry, too.

We went to see Emily today and take her a few more of her things and hang some curtains. Her dorm room was a mess! I love saying "her dorm room." Everyone who hears that Emily is going to college is surprised, which bugs Emily a lot, but, hey, I'm still surprised, too.

After seeing Emily, we went to look for some bookshelves, with no luck, and then to wash the car. It needed it badly! I've never had a car I cared about so much. It was good, sweaty work. Abby drove part of the way. She's really doing pretty good with her driving, but is afraid to go over 30mph. I've got to start giving Emily lessons on the weekends, too, because hopefully she'll have her own car in a few months.

Dale is leaving the day after tomorrow. Well, actually tomorrow, since it's early morning Wednesday as I write this. He's barely half packed, and is going to leave a terrific mess, but what the heck. I'll be whistling while I work!

Saw fat brown bunnies today, too. Like I said, just a beautiful day.

G'night

3 Comments:

Blogger hassan said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to bookmark it and visit regularly. Keep up the great work!

Please visit my site if you get some time: Resell Rights eBooks

October 24, 2005 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger hassan said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! I'll make sure to bookmark it and visit regularly. Keep up the great work!

Please visit my site if you get some time: Resell Rights eBooks

October 24, 2005 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger hassan said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! Keep up the great work, and I'll be sure to visit regularly.

I have a Resell Rights eBooks related site, check it out if you get some time!

Look forward to reading more of your insightful posts :)

October 26, 2005 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home